Wednesday, 2 January 2013

New year, new excuses!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!  While we were celebrating, the excuses kept pouring in.  Here are some of the best submissions we've received over the past few weeks. 
Thank you for submitting, and keep 'em coming!  Click here to submit an excuse that you've heard or received and check back later to see if it 'made the grade!'


Academic Alibis (reproduced verbatim):
 
Hey I will not be coming to school tomorrow because my parents wants the whole family to stay in tomorrow because of the whole phenomenon of 2012.  [the Mayan Dec 21 calendar re-set]
-Submitted by CK


My boyfriend has too much testosterone, didn't get enough sleep and was emotionally unfit to write an exam.  I'm sorry.
-Submitted by RW



A student handed in a plagarized essay.  She sent this to me by email: The essay that you have with you is the wrong one..I gave that to u by accident.. my original essay is with me.  I will give that to u first thing in the morning tomorrow...and the essay is hand written..if u want me to type it and print it out, I'll do that..sorry about the misunderstanding.  Thank you.  I can't come tomorrow because I have to go to court to fight my driving ticket.  Please excuse me from class.
-Submitted by LP


Good morning Mr. ____, I just want to inform you that im not gonna be able to attend your class today because I have Dysmenorrhea.
-Submitted by KW


I hate to do this but I can't make it today, I ran out of my daily contact lenses and I don't have a pair of glasses when my prescription is -5.5, I hope you'll give me the chance to finish the second part of my test monday.
-Submitted by LP


One of my students missed her unit exam because she fell asleep with her earbud style headphones on.  When she woke up, the foam padding was stuck in her ear.  She asked her mom to help get it out, and her mom pushed it all the way into her ear canal.  When she showed up today, she said the foam piece was still in there.  I didn't ask to look.
-Submitted by KW

 
 Click here to submit an excuse of your own!  Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah but Dysmenorrhea could be a valid issue if the person who sent it was a woman... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete